LOLAFRICA journey to Uganda

Glory to God, who's power working in us can do infinitely more than we can ask or Imagine....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kalagala, Uganda

Saturday, June 30, 2007

It has been a LONG time since I made a journal entry here..and for that - let me apologize! Not only have I been very busy...but i have tried! The computers here continue to be uncooperative and stubborn and have refused to accept the work! Also, I was out of the country for awhile! i was blessed with the opportunity to zip up into Egypt to meet with my sister and her husband who were there visiting family! The journey was a great success and i was blessed to meet many wonderful people and make some dear new friends! Egypt is a beautiful country...mysterious and wonder -full... there is so much to feast one's eyes on....that we did not even scratch the surface! One day, God willing, i will return to that desert treasure-chest of beauty, art and lovely People...

"Like all travellers, i have seen more than i remember and remember more than i have seen." -Benjamin Disraeli

It was, however, wonderful to return to Uganda. I arrived back at Entebbe airport at around 5:30 am - the same time as my first arrival back in September 2006. :) This time, instead of all the nervousness, confusion and excitement of the unknown - I was calm and happy for the familiarity and joy of returning HOME. I had my work Permit/ Entry Visa, so the officer just stamped in my return and said "Welcome home." Wonderful. :) What a good feeling.
Since I've been home life has been BUSY! Midterm Exams, Inter-house football Competitions and the election of new Prefects at the school...it has been an interesting term... and all the students are studying hard!
It saddens me to know that I will not be around for their third Term...which means i won't be able to support them through their final exams of the year - the most stressful and difficult time for them. I'll only have to cover them in many prayers form the other side of the ocean!
For now, however, we continue to prepare their young minds for the task ahead...and I am only proud of them for their hard work and dedication. Proud and Proud.

"Work is Love made visible." -Kahlil Gibran

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home