LOLAFRICA journey to Uganda

Glory to God, who's power working in us can do infinitely more than we can ask or Imagine....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kalagala, Uganda

Saturday, September 23, 2006

My arrival at Fisher Branch Kalagala High School was a most beautiful and blessed day! I was finally reaching my destination, after all this time and all this travel...I was happy to arrive. Little did I know that I would be formally welcomed to the school!! By the students and other Teachers and Headmaster of the school! There was a big assembly and A young girl greeted me and welcomed me to the school and then placed over my hear and wound my neck a HUGE wreath of fresh flowers picked and created by the children of the school in anticipation of my arrival! I was moved to tears.... The headmaster announced my arrival and told everyone my full name before the choir came out and sang and sang songs of welcome to me! This beautiful group of children, singing my name in their welcome song! I was moved to tears..... I was then presented with more flowers and formally welcomed by on of the students...I was moved to tears...It was my turn then and I stood in front of this vast group of the most beautiful children with shining eyes and large smiles...And I was moved to tears....I spoke of Canada, of all of you - my friends and family - of all the love that is directed at the school from across the ocean...And again, the tears flowed freely down my face. I then presented the school with gifts I had brought for them and cheers filled the air as I emptied my small sack .... More tears.... One final word of greeting from the headmaster, the children came up to receive their gifts and I was formally "at home" at Fisher Branch Kalagala High School. I went from there with a full heart, hardly able to breathe or speak....Can my heart grow any bigger?

There is a beauty here - a beauty that comes from the tangible awareness of our mortality and the thankfulness every day to be alive...So be joyous, be thankful, show love. Everyday in life, is a gift.

"Live to the point of tears." -Camus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home